The Sorenson family owns a 12 passenger van and was willing to let us use it so the Robinson family and us could go together. Robinsons currently don't have a car that functions, and renting a van for us to travel together was just too expensive. We left Tuesday around four o'clock in the afternoon, as soon as Eric could get off work. We had the van packed the night before and had to keep kids out while we waited for Eric (they were as excited as we were).
Finally they were allowed to crawl into their places and we were off to Kirtland, Ohio. The hotel was in Willoughby, but close enough. We got to the hotel around 10 pm and the kids were excited to watch Disney channel while the rest of us rested from our travels.
At the sawmill in front of pulpits for the temple.
At the ashery
In front of the sawmill
About to sing "I Love to See the Temple"
There is a picture of Neta crying because I wouldn't let her play with the pioneer doll on the other side of the rope. Poor girl was ready for a nap.
We then met with the other families and ate lunch on the lawn next to the school house and let the kids run around. It was fun to play tag, for a little while. My camera went dead after the Whitney home, so I have to wait for Matt Dunahee to email me the picture of us in front of the Whitney store.
After lunch, we packed up the crew and went to the Kirtland Temple (again I'll have to update the blog after I get pictures from his cell). It was interesting the difference in feeling between the two places. It would have been amazing to have been in Kirtland during that time period of the church. Yes there would have been persecution, but the blessings that were poured out upon them, the visions and things that occured during that time period. WOW. As the song says, "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven." The early saints made many sacrifices, more than I'm sure I can imagine or could probably endure myself, but how great the blessings that were poured down on them as a reward for their sacrifices. Faith and endurance, they had those attributes or qualities perfected.
After Kirtland, we drove another four and a half hours to our campsite at Cayuga Lake State Park, in New York. We were there until Saturday morning. Here are a few snapshots of the kids at our site. Matt made pancakes for the group Thursday morning and everyone came to eat at our site, which was next to Dunahees. I shared a pancake with Neta and they were tasty!
So far I've taken you to Thursday morning of the trip. I will finish the rest tomorrow, maybe. Or Tuesday. I have a lot of laundry to do tomorrow and right now I'm going to sign off because we got home at 1 am and I'm REALLY tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment