Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Vacation part 2

Here are the pictures from Kirtland that Matt took. I thought they turned out well. You'll notice the modern tools in the background. They were putting in a new porch floor.


The Kirtland Temple

So, after a pancake breakfast, we headed out to Palmyra. Our van ended up hitting the visitor center first and the Dunahees, Turners, and Sorensons hit the farm homes first. It was good we got split up because with the homes being so small, we'd never be able to fit everyone in one tour.

We listened to the sister missionary then watched "The Restoration" video. After the video, the kids played with the interactived Joseph Smith and Book of Mormon things on the other side of the little theater. We soon decided we would hike up to the Moroni monument. We went up the footpath, which was good because Robinsons had a stroller and because we couldn't find the other path that we went on last time (we went down the other more mountainous footpath).

The kids were acting a little childish, so Eric talked to Graigry about not running around as if on a playground and then we took a few pictures.


We had lunch on the lawn nearest the pageant seating. They were rehearsing one part of the pageant and the kids liked watching that. It got them excited to see the real thing.


After lunch, we packed people in the car and headed to the farm house and sacred grove.

I think I'm going to have to make this three parts because if I don't get my kids settled down, I'm going to rearrange their happy faces. They are so happy, which is good that they are laughing and having fun with each other, but it is 10:30 at night. Naps are good things, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment