Monday, December 13, 2010

Assorted 2010 Photos

Because I'm so on top of things with my blog, I thought I would put up a few of the pictures that didn't really have to go with any event but I didn't want them to be hidden forever in a digital folder (not that a blog isn't just another kind of digital folder). Anyway, I should have dates on these and I hope you enjoy them. Sometimes you just have to take a picture because the kids are cute.

July 30th. Neta and Graigry making faces in their car seats. I think Neta did it first, as seen in the first photo and then Graigry wanted to be in the picture. They can be so nutty. Apparently this time I thought it was cute, thus the picture.

October 2nd (talk about a leap forward) was General Conference Saturday. We were at Dunahees to watch conference and take care of their dogs as they were visiting family. Between sessions, we played their Wii and worked up a sweat boxing.

It was fun to watch the little kids trying to work their bodies with their cartoon Mii on the screen. Eric and I, when we boxed, worked up a sweat. The kids, not as much, but we all had fun.
October 13th at Parent Teacher Conference. We were waiting for Xela's teacher to finish with a student and Eric had taken Xela to the book fair (which runs simultaneously with conferences). Aurora showed the little ones where her locker is and then Graigry stepped inside and closed it (he can open it from the inside). It became the entertainment for the next five minutes. Once Graigry got out, Nate and Neta wanted to get in. They each took a turn and then I wanted to see if all three could fit. YEP!! They fit, and I can close it. They didn't it like it closed for very long on all three of them. A little clostrophobic I'd guess. The last time Graigry got it, we walked away from the locker to see how long it would be before he realized we were gone. It didn't take that long, while at the same time all the tv and movie scenes of stuffing the little dork in the locker came to mind.

October 15th and in the big green van. We must not have been going very far because Neta is not in her car seat. In the big green van I'll let Nate ride without a car seat (such a good parent with my children's safety top priority), but not Neta (I'll save one kid, but not the other?).

Anyway, they both appear to be buckled and apparently Nate's batteries are on empty. Neta's are either running low or she just wants to snuggle with her big brother. Either one could have been the case. I've said it before, I love that they are such good friends.

October 27th on my bed. Kids in my bed is not anything new. It's a miracle when I DON'T find them in my bed at some point in the night.

I thought this was cute as they were both asleep and facing each other. I can't remember if they were playing and were so tired that they just fell asleep or if one was asleep before the other. Whatever happened, I took a picture and there it is for posterity.

November 16th and Neta was apparently very tired. She had spent part of the day with Sister Heidi Matis and when Heidi brought her home, Neta was upset because she wanted to stay and play. She had also just fallen asleep in Heidi's van and that gave her another reason to be cranky. Heidi put her down and I told her she could go lie down on the couch. Apparently that wasn't where she wanted to finish her nap. Exercise by osmosis??? I walked in and found her asleep on my treadmill (which at the time was stuck on a slant and I couldn't put it up) using her little stuffed animal as a pillow. She was OUT! and didn't care that another 15 steps and she could have had cushions, pillows and blankets. She was done and apparently the treadmill worked just fine.

A lot of these pictures are of Neta, I'm just now realizing. This will make up in part for the gigantic scrapbook that Xela has and the not so well done one that we call Neta's scrapbook. It all evens itself out, right????

No comments:

Post a Comment