I think this is where I'm at as far as catching up on my blog. Visiting Waterman's pumpkin patch is the on going tradition for the Scott family. As the kids get older I'm not sure how much longer we'll go. Our pumpking picking rule has been that they can each pick a pumpkin, but only as heavy as they can carry back to the hay ride and from the hayride drop off to the car. They all had fun playing on the air things, bumper car things and corn maze. However, as they get bigger, they can carry larger pumpkins and that means more pumpkin for me to cut, blend and use, which can take months. This year, we had volunteer pumpking take over half of the garden so I was pumpkined out before we even got to the pumpkin patch. We ended up with four pumpkins at home and I ended up throwing away Neta's little one and 3/4 of Graigry's because they got nasty.
We have traditional pictures we take while at the pumpkin patch. One is the "How Tall This Fall" picture and here are the five annual updates for my monkeys.
 |
Xela - I caught her in mid word
|
 |
| Aurora |
 |
| Graigry |
 |
| Nate - the same height as his big brother |
 |
| Neta Michelle - trying to smile & shade her eyes |
Here are a few pictures of the activities we did at Waterman's.
 |
| Aurora & Neta coming out of the hay bail maze |
 |
Nate driving one of the "cars" on the "track."
We all had fun with those, including me. |
 |
Kids in the bounce house.
Neta didn't want to get out. |
 |
Heading into the corn maze.
|
 |
Each kid gets a turn to pick the direction.
"Which way Neta?"
"That way!" |
 |
And they're off!
A run about five to ten feet before the next crossroads. |
 |
Nate's turn.
Decisions, decisions.
PUMPKIN PATCH
WHICH ONE! WHICH ONE!
|
 |
Nate the Great's pumpkin.
Just a little heavy, but he made it to the wagon
and the car. |
 |
| Neta trying to pick her pumpkin. |
 |
Scott kids' pickings this year.
Bring on the pumpkin goodies! |
Pumpkin patch is always fun and this year it was great weather, unlike previous freezing or muddy years. I hope these traditions are things that they remember and cherish into their adulthood. That's why we have traditions, right? To bind us as families and have memories to carry with us into the eternities? I love my monkeys and hope I can be the mommy they need to become the people they need to become.
No comments:
Post a Comment