Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thanksgiving

With no friends or family around for the turkey festivities, we were on our own. I had stuff for dinner and was okay with just us Scotts, then one of our renters accidentally broke their window the day before Thanksgiving. I went to Ace to get glass and then before we could get it into the window, I broke it. So for a date, Eric and I went to Lowe's to get another sheet of glass. As I was trying to set it in the window a little better than I had it, the corner cracked. By now all the stores were closed until Friday. Oh well, they will just have to wait until Friday.

The renters were going out of town and didn't want to leave with just their storm window, so I decided that we would try to get it jerry-rigged until Friday. This disgruntled Eric, who taped the cracked window in (our window glaze was all dried out) so the renters could leave by noon. Eric wanted to take the kids to a movie, but I destroyed those plans by putting the renters first. That put him in a bad mood and we didn't go to a movie on Thanksgiving, that and the fact that Neta didn't get her shoes on an into the car when she was asked (we were pressed for time due to the window repair).

So, I finished dinner prep while the kids played and Eric played a video game. We ate around three o'clock. Instead of candy corn on each plate (I couldn't find any) I put five jelly beans on each plate and for each jelly bean you had to say something you were grateful for, before eating dinner. It was interesting to hear Neta's answers, things like forks and chairs, whatever came to her mind. Eric said something like patience, which applied to our day at that moment.
Anyway, we ate and then continued playing or whatever.

On Friday, before getting the window really fixed, we went to a movie downtown.
Here are the kids sporting their 3D glasses. I'd never seen a movie in 3D before, neither had the kids so it was a new experience for us. I loved watching them when the lanterns started flying on Rapuntzel's birthday because all but Xela reached out and tried to grab one. A very cute movie and I love the actor (from a favorite tv show - CHUCK) who played the love interest (whose name I can't remember now). I highly recommend the movie.

All in all, it turned out to be a good weekend, even though it got off to a rough start. Taking the bumps are all part of the adventure we call life, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment