Thursday, July 18, 2013

Aurora is FINALLY 12!

When you are eleven, you can't wait to turn 12. You are then old enough to go to all the Young Women activities at church. You get a later bedtime. And you're that much closer to being an adult (why are we in such a hurry to grow up???)

Aurora asked several friends to come over for a sleep over on her birthday, but being summer time, schedules are hard to coordinate so only one friend was able to make it. They swam before I got home and after some home made pizza, we watched "OZ: The Great at Powerful." Then it was present time.

Aurora & Moira awaiting the opening of presents

Opening another saran wrap present from Grandma Hibbert,
young women value jewelry.

GOGGLES!!
They are a must have for this year!

Opening Moira's present:
Doodle book and color pencils.
Aurora loves to draw, color, sketch, etc.

While I was at work, Eric and the girls made the cake. I hadn't heard how Aurora wanted it decorated. When I got home, there was a round cake in the fridge with green frosting. I thought the frosting job was well done. After the girls decorated it, Eric asked if I had fixed his poor green grass frosting attempt. I don't know what was wrong with it and the cake turned out perfect as frosted.

The girls used Legos (a favorite cake décor item) to make a Hunger Games scenery cake. It was quite well done by Xela and Ro. Here are the front and back view.

Katniss and Rue are hiding in the tree
(You'll have to see the movie or read the book;
it's too long to explain in a caption.)

The happy birthday girl!

There almost wasn't enough room with the scene and the size of the cake to put the twelve candles. Aurora enjoyed having a friend over and staying up until midnight (a VERY rare event at our house). 

No comments:

Post a Comment