Sunday, October 18, 2015

Cub Scout Day Camp - July 6

Instead of putting on our own day camp, Sister Shipley and I decided that we would get the boys to Camp Belzer's day camp. They each had to pay $50 in addition to a 3-5 hour service project that waived the additional $50. I took the day off and attended the first day of camp with Nate, Gavin and Ryan.

They were excited to be there and I was too. It was finally sunny (way too much rain this summer) and they were able to do all the activities scheduled for Monday. As it was my only day there for the week, I probably went a little overboard taking pictures (110 pictures). You'll see some of the pictures representing all the activities they were able to do below. Monday and Wednesday activities were the same. Tuesday and Thursdays were similar, except there was rain on Thursday, and with the earlier rain from the summer, they weren't able to go rafting. Nate was pretty bummed about that.

BOWS & ARROWS
Instructions on how to use the
Bow & Arrow
Listening to on-site final instructions
Ready....Aim....
Fire!!
They had to collect their arrows;
Nate got one in the center.
CRAFT TIME!
Leatherworks
Making a bracelet
Pounding in a design
Listening & watching
Final product
(Leather is still a little wet)
ZIPLINE! OBSTACLE COURSE &
BLACK MAGIC
Each boy yelled their favorite food
on the way down 
 PEEETZZAAA!!!
Running the obstacle course
after the zipline
This Darryl using "black magic"
to figure out what object the boys picked.
Calling the other "Darryl" back to find the next object.
LUNCH & TRADING POST
Eating their home lunches
Arrow boys
SWIMMING!!!!
Instructions first
Nate taking his swim test
in order to play in the "Barracuda" pool
Nate & Gavin playing in the pool.
All the boys had fun playing tag with one of the scout leaders.
FIELD GAMES & FOOD
The yellow tribe receiving game plans
Catch - if you miss, you have to get closer to the ground.
I wonder how good of a throw Nate is????
Pigs in a blanket...
...cooked over the coals.
Enjoying the fruits (or meats)
of their labors.
They played Heads Up, 7 up after eating
(at least that's what we used to call it).
If I had known that the leaders could swim with the boys, I would have brought my suit! It was a great day for a swim. The boys had a good day and seemed to enjoy the rest of the week as well. 

Friday, July 3, was family day. I took the second half of the day off work to take the three younger ones. I didn't realize that for the non-cubs to do the things that the cubs did, you had to pay for each person - except for swimming. That was free. Guess where we spent the majority of our time - the pool! And this time I brought my suit! (We did have to make a quick trip back to the house for suits as we thought we would be busy doing other things and didn't bring out suits.) After the initial frustration, I think the kids enjoyed themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment