I woke up Xela before I left and had Neta in the car by 6:00. We checked in and they had Neta in a gown by 7:00. It was only about 20 minutes before she was back.
![]() |
| Tell us how you really feel. :) |
They finally gave us the go ahead to leave, so we did. It was not even nine o'clock. As Eric was gone, I had a half day off in order to take her to the appointment and then had permission to bring her to work, hiding her in the "closet" office for the second half of the day. We stopped by Kroger and bought some cookie cereal (she hadn't eaten before we left) and headed to the house. After eating, I took a nap. Neta got out of pjs and we were on the road to work by noon.
Not many people in the office knew Neta was there. She played on my computer and watched a movie. Then it was time to go home. Miraculously, my computer's battery lasted almost the entire ride and she was able to finish her second movie. There didn't seem to be any complications or side effects from the tubes, not even much drainage, so overall, the day went very well.
The rest of the week went almost as planned. When Eric is gone, I like to try to get as much house repair and/or clean up done as possible. I got the two walls in the upstairs bathroom drywalled, mudded and sanded; it took longer than I thought (like most construction projects). I didn't do the ceiling and I had wanted to get the painting done, but finished the sanding on Saturday morning before they got home. Xela and Ro helped me the first night and Xela commented that it was like the "good 'ol days" when we used to work on our house instead of rentals and the properities.
Ya...sometimes I miss the good 'ol days.


No comments:
Post a Comment