We've been waiting for this day for a LONG TIME!! Finally it came and we were able to go through the Indianapolis Temple and my friend, Jessica Wingate, came with us.
I raced there afterwork, getting there a little early and before Jessica and my crew.
 |
Picture from my car, parked next to the chapel |
It was so exciting for me to see the inside and especially to take the kids & Jessica through. It is soo beautiful!! The symbolism of the circles & 'x' and the poplar tulip - it was so perfect (of course). The one improvement I would make would be to lower the sealing room mirrors so that you can see "eternity" from the altar, or at least standing up. The mirrors are too high, so unless you're six foot tall, you only see the top of your head. We lifted the kids up so that they could see forever in the mirrors.
I hope they remember the beauty and the feeling they had while walking through the halls and sitting in the celestial room being being in the sealing room. Jessica had to hurry off because she was starting to have some stomach issues, but she really enjoyed being there, took some pictures and even "checked in" on her facebook status.
Here are a few more pictures from our evening at the temple. Xela took my camera and had fun!
 |
| Angel Moroni |
 |
| The landscaping was beautiful |
 |
| Nate loves the Temple |
 |
| Our circle - crossroads fountain |
 |
| Close up |
 |
Xela told me, afterwards, that I needed to wait for her to sneeze. Sorry! |
 |
| Families can be Forever |
 |
| Sun setting on our new temple |
Eric and I are voluteered on August 1 and were very much looking forward to that opportunity. We also looked forward to inviting other friends to go through the temple with us. I made a general invitation to all those at work, via email and some additional personal invites. It was exciting for me to have questions and, especially after my first tour, to talk about the absolute beauty and serenity found inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment