John and Diane have several wild animals living on their land: eagles, coyotes, turtles. Today, while out in the yard, John saw a turtle and so he came to get us kids, those that wanted to move. Xela, Nate and I went. The turtle didn't look all that big, and he didn't look like he was going anywhere, so we picked him up. They are a lot heavier than you would think!
 |
Xela with Mr. Turtle. Why does she hold him like he's going to jump out and snap at her? |
 |
Nate using his mighty muscles to keep hold of the mighty beast. |
 |
| Look! I'm holding a turtle! |
 |
| Nate hoping Mr. Turtle pokes his head out. |
 |
The skin is actually quite soft and smooth. I don't think Mr. Turtle liked being held. |
After our little one animal petting zoo, we went inside to tell Graigry and Neta to come see. By the time we brought them back out, Mr. Turtle had hurried himself into hiding. For a "slow" moving animal, he was gone in a jiffy.
No comments:
Post a Comment