Sunday, October 4, 2015

Trip to Florida - Hello Horsies!

John's "backyard" neighbor has two horses (and because I'm doing four months later, I can't remember their names). We went to meet them and feed them some carrots. The kids love animals, so it was a perfect thing to do.
Here they come!
Neta was excited to see and feed the horses, until they were up close and BIG! She was a little hesitant to get too close to their faces and feeding them took a little encouragement. Aurora, on the other hand, was all over it, playing the horse whisperer part that she so likes to play. :)

Aurora, the horse whisperer
Uncle John handing out horse munchies
Meeting the horses,
with just a little intimidation.
Neta admiring from a short length away.
She fed the horse!
As soon as he touched the carrot,
Neta let go and got a little giggly
at having fed the horse.
A few more carrots before saying good-bye.
Johns neighbor, and again, I can't remember her name, mentioned that she could hear the kids playing in the pool and asked if we were having fun (OF COURSE!). She mentioned that she liked hearing the laughter. I'm hoping she didn't hear too much of the arguing that also happened. Lesson, you never know who is listening and being affected by what they hear.

We piled back into John's truck and headed back to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment