Sunday, December 27, 2015

Cookout and Charcoal - Oct 17

Summer was unusually wet but the fall has been perfect for cookouts. When I don't feel like cooking on a Friday or Saturday, and we have enough time for a fire, brawts and hot dogs are what is on the menu. We used to have one of those metal fire pits, but over the years that has burned out and we have used cement to create out own pit. I created the current pit with busted up pieces of sidewalk that we unburied from a dirt pile. It's bigger and enclosed, unlike our cement alter fire "pit" that we had two years ago.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the kids cooking and then, as a form of entertainment, using the burnt end of sticks to write on the driveway. I love that my kids can make games and play with just about anything.
Time to prep the sticks with the dogs and cook
Apparently Graigry & Neta didn't like it
when smoke followed them
Graigry pulled out his trusty
"SMOKE" goggles to protect his eyes

He created his own caption :)
I guess they all wanted to practice
writing their names, as if school papers
wasn't enough practice. Then again,
school papers are written with burnt stick ends.
Finished product  :)

Have I mentioned that I love family time? And especially family time where we can just enjoy each other, where there isn't a routine (not that routines are bad) and you can take time to enjoy the blessings of family. Sometimes I wish I had a nicer (maybe just finished) house, had a newer car, or other stuff , but other times I just enjoy the things that matter most - like my family - and feel blessed with what I have been given.




No comments:

Post a Comment