Xela plays on the Herron Girls' Soccer Team. It's so much fun to watch her/them play. She enjoys the games and the practices. I watch with fond memories from my high school soccer days and wishing I could get back on the field. Soccer is the best sport EVER!!
Here are a few soccer shots from one of the games this season.
![]() |
| Xela has a brace on her arm; she fell at practice & tried to catch herself. Thankfully it wasn't broken. |
![]() |
| Playing midfield (she's the one closest to the fence) |
![]() |
| Not the greatest picture, but here is the whole team after their last game. |
This year it was all tied up with about five minutes to spare when one of the guys came down to the faculty side. If I had only headed it, or blocked it somehow, but I didn't. Xela said that from the sidelines she saw me go up for it (I jumped and turned my back to the oncoming ball) and hoped I would miss. Her wish came true. When the game ended, all the student body ran onto the field. Last year they lost to the faculty, so....I won't say we let them win, but....
I'm looking forward to the soccer season and the faculty v student game next year!
I'm looking forward to the soccer season and the faculty v student game next year!





No comments:
Post a Comment