HOW TALL THIS FALL
Last year, because we apparently went too early, I didn't get our traditional pumpkin pictures (sad face). This year, I made sure we weren't too early.![]() |
| Xela is my assistant photographer. One of these days I'll have to get the pictures off her camera. |
![]() |
| Aurora - 14 years old The first picture had an apple being thrown in the middle of the picture. |
![]() |
| Graigry - 12 (almost) His growth hormone is really helping him shoot up. Just a few inches and he'll be as tall as me (who is just over the 5 ft mark) |
![]() |
| Nate - 9 years old It looks like he's trying to stretch himself as tall as possible. |
![]() |
| Neta - age 8 Getting an extra inch or so with help of the hat |
TRACTOR TIME!
![]() |
| Nate steering the dead tractor |
![]() |
| Now Neta wants a turn. |
![]() |
| Neta ready for action |
![]() |
| Graigry the Farmer, complete with overalls |
Haystack!!
![]() |
| I think Graigry's face in this one is great! I can't remember why the face though |
![]() |
| Neta always ready for the camera. |
![]() |
| What did I just say about the camera? I think we were waiting for the big girls to get on top. |
![]() |
| "To infinity and..."oh wait, those boots say Woody, not Buzz. |
![]() |
| Happy Hibbert-Scotts on the Hay |
![]() |
| Super Scotts ready for take off! |
![]() |
| Graigry is standing on the other side of the hay bale. They stack several on top of each other and this is the top. |
SPINNING PUMPKIN
I can't ride in this thing; I would have puked. Eric got in with them and spun them silly. They love it!
![]() |
| Ready to vomit?! I heard joyful screams for about three minutes, then the ride was over. |
Hiding in the Hay
They have a hay maze, different from the haystack, that used to be darker, but the kids have fun crawling around in it. I went inside and found myself a little cubby hole where I could sit up and the kids posed for a few pictures.
![]() |
| Nate the Great |
![]() |
| The Cool Kid in the Hay |
![]() |
| She wanted to know if this could be her new room - um, no. |
![]() |
| Peek-a-boo! |
![]() |
| Ro found another spot where she could 'Hay'ng out. :) |
THE CORN MAZE!!!
This is one of our favorite parts of the pumpkin patch! Each kid gets a turn to decide which way we go, whenever we get to a fork in the path. Sometimes, they purposefully point in the direction that we have already been, especially if it's going to get a reaction from a sibling. Occasionally a parent will override a retreading of the trodden path, but mostly we just go with it. I always have to take a "hidden picture" of the kids in the corn.
![]() |
| This is the face of an annoyed sibling trying to dictate the next direction, having already beaten down this path a few too many times. |
![]() |
| And Nate is OFF!! |
![]() |
| Mom (not pictured) and Dad pulling up the rear of the Scott party |
![]() |
| "This way!!!" |
![]() |
| Xela is the hardest one to find, don't you think? |
![]() |
| "Ta! DA!" The kids created their own path through the maze to the other side. |
![]() |
| Neta decided she was going to sit down and start drawing in the middle of a corn field |
Petting Farm Animals
![]() |
| "Nice goat!"Graigry & Nate making new friends |
![]() |
| Neta and goat while Xela snaps some shots. |
![]() |
| Then the llama came over to say hi. |
![]() |
| "Are you going to feed me too?" |
![]() |
| I love watching the kids' reactions to the animals actions. The kids could sit here for hours. |
![]() |
| The goat whisperer with some feed. I think Ro was able to get some feed from someone that bought it and then the kid didn't want to use it. Lucky Ro; Lucky Goat. |
TO PICK THE PERFECT PUMPKIN!
Because of all the rain we had during June, the pumpkins at Waterman's farm on Raymond Street did not harvest. So they went to their Greenwood farm, packed up some pumpkins from there and then set them on the ground back at Raymond Street farm. It wasn't as fun, pumpkins sitting on dirt instead of having to watch out for pumpkin vines, but we couldn't NOT get pumpkins.
I didn't want to spend $50 on pumpkins, so I told the kids they had to keep them small - the usual "if you can carry it, you can take it" rule was void and the kids were pretty good to go smaller. I think I only had to pay $30-$35 and they each were able to have a pumpkin.
I didn't want to spend $50 on pumpkins, so I told the kids they had to keep them small - the usual "if you can carry it, you can take it" rule was void and the kids were pretty good to go smaller. I think I only had to pay $30-$35 and they each were able to have a pumpkin.
![]() |
| Xela relaxing on Daddy's knee during the wagon ride to the pumpkins |
![]() |
| Xela in the field of placed pumpkins. Where can the perfect one be? |
![]() |
| Nate and Neta surveying their options |
![]() |
| "Is this one good, Mommy?" The fact that he is having NO problem carrying it, is a step in the right direction. |
![]() |
| Is she going to play soccer? |
![]() |
| Daddy and Xela trying to determine which one will win the "perfect pumpkin" award and be brought home. |
![]() |
| Graigry found one that looked like a minion and his decision was made quickly. |
![]() |
| Ro ready to load back onto the wagon |
![]() |
| Happy Hibbert-Scotts with their 2015 pumpkins |
![]() |
| Happy Face :) |
![]() |
| Sad face :( Why the sad face - I don't know |















































No comments:
Post a Comment