Monday, December 14, 2015

Scotts Start School - August

August means school starts. I start buying school supplies as soon as Walmart puts out their stuff (end of June) and I start buying and storing until I get the official lists and have to organize. This gets the kids a little excited too as they see the NEW stuff they "have to have" for their new grade.

Xela and Ro participated in summer school in order to get some of the "easier" classes out of the way. I think they enjoyed that, in part because then they didn't have to help with property work as much and could use homework as an excuse to not work when they were home. They did help on weekends, but during the week, they were in school from eight until about three, I think. August though was when seminary and the full backpack of books school started.

New 10th Grader
New high schooler - 9th Grade
I can't believe I have
TWO in high school
Little Flower started August 17. They were happy and not so excited to start school. I think they were excited to get away from daily property work, but not so excited about homework. Excited to see friends, but not so happy about having to get to bed and up from bed early. Welcome to reality kiddos!!

Graigry with his trumpet - 6th Grade
(I've hardly heard him practice)
Nate - 4th Grade
(the binder didn't fit in his backpack
filled to the zipper with school supplies)
Neta - 3rd Grade
My Little Flowers!!
All growing up too fast!
They are smiling now; I wonder how long it will last. :)

It will be nice to have the school routine back and I won't feel like I'm missing out on so much of their life now that I'm home shortly after they get home (summer is really hard for me). Eric will probably like having time to get things done without having to keep tabs on the monkeys, until the school day is done anyway. Wish I could be home as they walked in the door so I could help better/more with homework and other school things. I sure love my kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment