Halloween of 2014 I'd taken the day off and created a Mater costume for Nate to wear. Because of the effort that went into it, we saved it, thinking someone could wear it in 2015. Mater stayed cozy in Grandma Scott's basement until Halloween. I fit into him, but didn't wear him and Nate wasn't too into wearing him either. Sooo....
 |
| ...one last photo... |
...and then...
 |
| Burn Mater, burn! |
 |
| "Fire shot through [his] eye sockets!" |
I think that is one of the most creative and fun, from scratch costumes I have ever made. We shed a small tear and then warmed ourselves by the fire. Here's a video of the cremation of our dear costume.
Once Mater self extinguished, we decided to...
 |
| ...take one last photo with 2015 costume... |
...and then...
 |
| ...burn! |
 |
| BURN!! |
 |
| BURN!!! |
Maybe I am a little bit of a pyromaniac; I like to burn things in the backyard fire pit instead of taking up space in the trash. After the phone was gone, we used the embers and burning wood beneath to cook our dinner of hot dogs and brawts. Perfect way to end a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment