Saturday, March 5, 2016

Temple, Turkey and Terrifying (for me at least) - end of Nov

Temple Trip - The youth had a temple trip to do baptisms and Graigry was old enough to go!

On that first temple trip, Grandpa Scott and Eric were there and I went because, I wanted to go and be there for Graigry's first time. I had James R Scott and Adolphus Scott's baptisms that needed to be done, so it was neat to see Eric baptize Graigry for this great, great grandfather and uncle and then watch Scotty confirm Graigry.
Graigry outside the baptism doors
Since he's turned twelve, we've also been going once a month as a family and I've had some family names for the kids to do (mostly males on the Scott side of the family).

Turkey - CCHA was one of the sponsors for the Fishers YMCA Turkey Day 5k on Thanksgiving morning. I was able to get a spot for Xela in addition to myself, so we were up in Fishers by 8:00 am. I enjoy jogging outside, in fun runs/5Ks, but I don't want to pay $25-$35 to run, so if work is going to pay as a sponsor and needs people to show up to represent them, I'm in! My kids have wanted to join me in the two times I've done it and that's been even more fun.
Sitting down for a selfie after reaching the destination.
Xela struggled, had a hard time breathing and was frustrated with herself throughout the run, which came to a much quicker end than I anticipated. We saw the 1 mile sign, the 2 mile sign and then the 3 mile sign very soon after that. When we neared the end, there were people running back the opposite direction. When we reached the end, the buzz was that runners were misdirected and that wrong turn took about a mile off the route. I wanted to run more, but Xela was grateful it was over.

TERRIFYING - Let me just post this:
Teenage Driver!!
Yes, my oldest now has her learners permit and enjoys every opportunity to be behind the wheel. I went on this evening drive with her. Eric was in the passenger seat and I sat behind Xela feeling like we were going to crash upside something any minute. Eric is very good in the co-pilot position. Being the control freak that I am, I have a slightly harder time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment