Sunday, March 20, 2016

Nate Turns TEN!

Due to the December 30th date, Nate's birthday always falls over Christmas break. We told him he could invite a friend and to go to Chuck-e-Cheese for lunch. He invited his best friend Broadie Walters, who is in his 4th grade class.

We got to Chuck-e's, they snagged their tokens and went to play the games. Skeeball was first on the game plan.
I was impressed at how quickly
these boys finished a game of skeeball.
Guess I'm a little more methodical.
Just a little bit of excitement after
that roll!
Then it was time for a drive.
A very focused driver
Pizza came, so they ate a little...
"Can we go play now?"
...then played a little more. Then took a bite, then grabbed tokens and went to another game. They had a good time and quickly burned through each of their 50+ tokens. They had a good time together and that's what counts.

That night, we opened presents with family.
Ninjago Lego Dragon from Gma Hibbert
Captain America - He and Broadie's
favorite superhero
I love the face!
Again with the face!
I love his sincerity & pure joy.
Graigry gave Nate his camera
As always, we have fun in the cake decorating department. I decided to use the bundt pan, just do to something different than the usual 9x13 pan. Xela asked if she could decorate the cake and she and Nate went to town.

Xela prepping the Lego person
for his role in the birthday cake display
This birthday Lego scenario required the cooperation of an entire community. :)

Lego person is drowning in a well
Fire fighters to the rescue!
Helicopter view of the rescue effort
Now fire fighters have an actual fire
to extinguish - a 10 candle fire.
Gotta get a pick with cake and birthday boy:

Such a cute face!
Dragon makes an attempt to fan the fire...
...BUT...
...to no avail. Nate & his fellow Lego friends, quelch the fire and save the drowning boy. HOORAY!

I can't believe how quickly my kids grow up. He's on the downward slide to being 18, on a mission and on with life. I love my Nate the Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment