Before I jump into the egg toss, here are a couple pictures that I didn't put in the previous egg hunt post that I just had to include. :)
 |
| "You're VERY hot, Nate." |
 |
| "If it were a snake, you'd be bleeding." |
 |
| FOUND IT!! |
So, when I was a kid, one of my favorite memories from Easter hard boiled eggs is having an egg toss. The hard boiled eggs last longer in a toss than the raw eggs. I'd never done this with the kids so I decided that we would do it this year as we had an ample supply thanks to Grandma Scott.
Because I took April 6th off (the 2nd spring break day that
all the kids had off), and we don't do our egg hunts on Sunday, we did our egg hunt the day after Easter, on Monday. Because we had so many hard boiled eggs, I used an egg toss as an activity for FHE. There has seemed to be too many unkind words at home and so for the lesson, I talked about unkind words making our shells crack. We might be holding ourselves together, but that doesn't mean that the words haven't cracked part of ourselves in some way. I mentioned that at work, where we are not family, there are fewer harsh and hurtful words said then what I hear when i come home and that it was something we needed to work on. We need to toss our words gently so that the shells of our family members don't crack and with that, Eric divided us up and we started tossing the hard boiled eggs.
 |
| Neta does a good job tossing the egg to Mom. |
 |
Getting some distance and still have the egg in tack, cracked, but still tossable.
|
 |
| Can you see the flying egg? |
We played for quite a while and then, I can't remember who, maybe Eric, picked up a piece of wood and the egg toss became egg baseball. It was so much fun!! We had "scrambled" eggs everywhere.
 |
| Xela ready to bat an egg. |
 |
| Nate taking a swing |
 |
Xela decides, with a failed self-pitch, to play golf. |
At one point Karen looked out the window and asked what we were doing, seeing the eggs everywhere. I think she was a little frustrated at the waste as she made some comment about using the in a potato salad. Oh well! We were making memories, which will last longer than potato salad. I think a new tradition has been born. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment