Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Mommy's Lunch Surprise - May 12

The first partner of Church Church Hittle & Antrim passed away end of April and his funeral was held on May 12. The office closed from 10 - 2 so those that knew him could attend the funeral and life celebration services. The current managing partner said that if we didn't know Mason Church we didn't need to feel obligated to attend.

I took the opportunity to surprise the kids and visit them, those at Little Flower anyway, during their lunch hour. I got to go to lunch four times, starting with Neta. Then we went to recess. Neta is quite the hoola-hooper!

 Nate and Graigry had the same lunch hour, so I bounced between their tables. Graigry gets a lot of food from friends who supposedly don't want them. He went and played kick ball at recess so sadly I didn't get a picture of him. I hung out with Nate and played a little wall ball with him before going in to eat with Ro.


I didn't get a picture of Aurora either. It was fun to see each of their faces as they saw me. That look of "what are you doing here?" made me smile. Wish I could visit them at lunch more often.

Afterwards, I went to the house, rotated the laundry and grabbed some ice cream to give to Eric, who was working on one of the properties. I knew he would appreciate it. He was a little surprised to see me home (I didn't tell anyone of my plans because I didn't want anything to jinx the plan or anyone to alter my plan. I like doing surprises for the kids AND having out of routine days at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment