Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Holiday Park - May 16

Eric had a service project in the morning and Nate needed to visit a nature center as part of his World Conservation Badge for cub scouts. So, I piled all five kids into the Camry (not the safest thing to do) and we headed to Holiday Park.

We hadn't been in there in  I don't know how long. They have amazing playgrounds, suited for various ages.
We call this one the spider web
Can you find the kids in the tree?
Can you guess which kids they are?
After some playtime, we went to the nature center (the reason for coming) and the kids played in there for a while. Then we went on a hike down to the river, the White River. The kids love water and so I told them they could wade in the edges there. They found a bunch of shells and had fun.

"Can we get in, Mom?"
"Alright, but keep on your flip flops."
Out they venture
Exploring the island on the other side.
Xela and Nate shell hunting
The kids found some cool shells of which I said they could take only a few home. We hiked back up to the park, using a different trail, and then headed to the car. I wanted to get home before noon, which is when Eric would be home. We got home around 11:45 and I promised the kids, while in route home, that we would try to come again on Memorial Day when everyone, including me, had the day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment