Tuesday, June 16, 2015

May Memories - Nature, Pinewood and Twinderella

According to the pictures I have, there were a variety of small events at the beginning of the month, so I'm going to put a collection of pictures as highlights.

With the weather being cool and not cold, I like to either roller blade or walk during my lunch break. There are several nature trails, but one is just two blocks away from the office, so I hit that one most often. Here are a few pictures I took one day while listening to the most recent general conference talk by Elder Holland.


I love the reflection of this water
It's fun to see the wildlife in the middle of the city.

We combined pack meeting and pinewood derby, seeing as we only have three active cubs. It made things easier on us and the boys seemed to be okay with it. Here are a picture of the "winners circle." Nate, Gavin Turner, and Ryan Shipley. The boys always have fun designing their cars and racing them down the track.


Family member that had cars were invited to bring them and race them as well. It think this video shows one of Neta's races.


Aurora was the "star" in the Little Flower musical this year. They did Twinderella and she was Cinderella. She VERY much enjoyed herself; she loves acting and singing so it was great for her. The production itself was what you'd expect from a play with 5th - 8th graders and there were some audio problems, but whatever.
The cast of Twinderella
Cinderella herself with flowers
from her young women leaders
"Cinderella" and her twin, "Bob," with a
photo-bomb by Hollie
one of Ro's good friends.
It will be interesting to see what other productions Aurora gets to participate in while in high school. She had to give us student council in order to do the play (only one after-school, school activity per child - life is crazy enough without adding to the chaos more than necessary).

No comments:

Post a Comment