Sunday, April 5, 2015

Blue & Gold Banquet - Feb 6, 2015

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!
That was our theme for this year and I enjoyed and stressed over bringing together. I worked with James and Julie Shipley, the cubmaster and den leader, to get things ready and several members volunteered to share Legos as a gathering activity. Eric said I was doing someone else's calling, which is true, I guess, as the Cub Master is supposed to put it all together, but James is not comfortable with public speaking and doesn't have much animo (Spanish word) and I wanted this to be a fun and memorable experience.

So here are some pictures from the activities and cakes. Austin received his Arrow of Light award as well, so that added to the need to make it a memorable night.
The center table and it's center pieces.
Tell me the cake looks like a Lego piece.
They weren't easy to frost (probably should have used fondant, but I never have used it before), they were just going to be eaten, so I just needed to get the idea across. :)
Tables ready with a bowl of Legos,
waiting for the creativity of participants to build cars.
Minton family building Legos prior to eating a lasagna dinner.
Watching as awards are passed out to the Cubs.
Dinner done and cars created,
Time to race!
Timo Matis and Nate ready to roll.
Xela and Autumn Seeley with their cars.
The older "boys" racing their cars.
Bishop Sorenson & Brother Matis
sending their cars down the ramp.
After the cars were created and run, cake and ice cream were passed out. I took a picture of Austin with his Arrow of Light cake.
Austin Seeley  - Arrow of Light earned.
He's a bright and fun kid.
I was so excited when I got home at how well things had gone and how much fun people seemed to have, I kept chanting: EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! - the Lego Movie theme song which I'd played repeatedly during the night. I like putting together the pieces together for a successful event. Our next pack meeting was in March, so I have another opportunity, on a smaller scale, to put together something fun for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment