Sunday, April 5, 2015

Polar Pedal - January 3, 2015

I'm a month behind in posts, not surprising. I'm reviewing my gallery of pictures to see what events I have captured over the last almost two months. Here's the first event.

SELFIE!! At the City Market
(side note, I hate selfies of myself)
Since the family did the Mayor's bike ride last summer, Xela and i receive notices of upcoming events. We got a notice of what is called the Polar Pedal and Xela wanted to sign up. I joined her (can't leave her unsupervised to pedal by herself around the city).

Thankfully, the ten mile bike ride was more of a Puddle Pedal, with rain sprinkling all around, but no snow.

Wet and warm!
10 miles done! Approx 45 mins.
I love riding bikes with my kids and it was loads of fun to ride with Xela. several times i asked her to slow down. I thought I was in good shape, so I don't know if it was the rain, the bike or age, but I found it slightly comical that I had to tell my 14 year old to slow down. We weren't going all that fast, but whatever. We had a good time, went home to a warm shower and dry clothes.

Until the next bike ride.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment