Sunday, April 5, 2015

First Cook Out and Dip in the Pool - March 21, 2015

We are soo excited for warm weather. When the sun is out, and it's Saturday, we did some yard work which today, for me, was to get some of the old cement blocks out of the dirt pile by the garage. Eric had to go somewhere, can't remember where, and I had asked if it was okay to use them to make a new fire ring. He said he didn't mind if they were in the vicinity. Well, Aurora and Neta and I used the wagon and I created a new fire ring.

Eric claimed that I "never listen" but I told him that they were in the vicinity, just in a circle. He wants to pour his own fire pit. Based on precedents of other projects, I decided to create a fire ring and then we can move it when pouring becomes an actuality.

When Eric got home and saw me working on the fire pit, he decided we needed to move the two tree stumps that were buried at the corner. He and I worked together on it and then we recruited others to assist us.

Take a shovel to the stump,
Dig along!
Aurora, Kimmie, Eric and Xela -
Ready? HEAVE!!
The second stump breaks free!
The boys rolled the first stump to the fire so we could have our first fire of the season. The second stump is still standing erect in the backyard.

I took Aurora to go get her hair cut and Xela wanted to get her ears pierced, much to Eric's dismay, for a last birthday present to herself. After said excursion, we came home to a fire and this picture:

We stopped at Kroger and bought some grapes to eat while hot dogs and brawts were cooked.
Graigry stoking the fire.
It was a little breezy, but we all love a good fire and cooking outside. It's one of our favorite things to do in the spring and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment