Sunday, April 5, 2015

Xela turns 15!! Weekend March 13-16, 2015

Xela's 15th birthday was on a Monday and so she wanted to have a sleep over with her best friend and go ice skating. I took her and Autumn Seeley to the ice rink at the state fair grounds where they ice skated for two hours.

Strapping on the skates
Bladed and ready to step onto the ring.
Xela goes around the ring
while Autumn starts figuring out the rink.
Autumn trying to decide if she wants to let go of the cone
and use the wall to balance.
Xela stands with an encouraging arm outstretched .
Now with more confidence
Autumn and Xela skate circles in the rink.
Xela and Autumn (and I) spend the night in the empty house next door. We ate ice cream and then they watched some Disney movies until whatever hour that early morning. I borrowed Graigry's bean bag chair and slept in as much the girls shared the air mattress and I went to sleep. Xela also signed up for Facebook, something we'd been postponing for at least a year.

Saturday she and Autumn had the majority of the day to themselves. They went to the stake youth dance that evening.

On Monday, work and school took their routine place. Xela wanted waffles for dinner, so I tried a new recipe which called for the whipping of eggs. I'm not doing that recipe again. It's taste wasn't much different than the one I've used in the past and the work involved with it didn't give me cause to do it again.

After waffles, we went o Dairy Queen for "free" ice cream cones. They asked for a donation once you got to the counter, after waiting in line. Eric threw done $5 and I had $2. So, not exactly free, but cheaper than their usual ice cream cone price.
licking and loving life
Upon returning to the house, we went into Grandparents Scott backyard and opened presents.
Present from Grma Hibbert
Unwrapping a gift
Nate seems to be very excited for Xela.
Xela looks a little excited & confused.
Ready...
...Aim...
...FIRE!!!
Kids ran around for a little, trying to avoid getting shot by their big sister. We read scriptures and then headed home for bed. I hope Xela enjoyed her weekend and birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment