Sunday, April 5, 2015

Last Chance Sledding at Brookside Park - March 7, 2015

We hadn't been sledding at all, and on Saturday the sun was shining, the snow was melting and so, after the science fair with Aurora, I asked the kids if they wanted to go to Brookside to see what sledding could be had. We grabbed sleds, put one whatever snow suits we could find (some smaller than needed) and headed out.
Taking their first run.
Crash and burn, or freeze.
Biggest and littlest ladies
slip sliding away
Xela, Timo Matis and Graigry climbing
for another  run.
Timo and Xela headed to the puddles below.
Brothers making the trek together.
Who gets to sit in front?
Graigry's in front & Xela's holding the cabbose.
"Hold on, Nate!!"
Bright light!
"I'M SOAKED!"
Xela landed in a puddle, one of the many.
Soaked siblings smiling
Ro's turn to slip and soak.
"Just get on this sled."
Oops! Nate didn't start out backwards. 
"AHH!!"
One more run before time to go.
By the time we were done, There were soaked clothes, frozen toes and fingers, but subtle smiles. Neta's feet were soaked. She asked me to take off her shoes, When I did, I pulled her sock off partially and rung the water out of it. Poor girl!! I put her in one of the sleds and pulled her back to the van where she took off her socks and shoes so her feet could dry out and thaw.

Xela was so wet, that she sat on a sled in the front seat, then took my camera and snapped some pictures. The sled moved as the van did, which was fun for her to try to manage.

I like the sparkle the water droplets leave on her glasses.
It was our first and last sledding for the 2014 - 2015 snow season. Eric does not like sledding so we were without him, but all ultimately had fun in this last winter activity. The snow was completely gone within the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment