I took very few pictures of Thanksgiving. In years past we've played volleyball with the Sorenson family in the morning while the turkeys cook, but we didn't coordinate anything this year. We told Karen that we wanted to have dinner at our house because Eric had invited someone else over. I'd purchased a turkey and other dinner usuals as Karen hadn't said anything, and I hadn't asked about it, until a few days before, so I planned to do it all at hour house. When Karen finally did call to ask about dinner plans, I mentioned Eric's invitee and so we had dinner at our house, and we had to have it at one so that Kimmie and Becca could get to their significant others' family dinners.
 |
| Time to Eat!!! |
 |
| Opal: "Can I have some? Please??" |
 |
| A quick pic of the feast |
Dinner felt like a check box. We had it as an extended family because that is what is done. People ate and left and that was it. Eric and his invitee, Dawn, sat at the table and talked while we cleaned up. They sat and talked for four plus hours. I got some bills sorted and the kids asked when Eric was going to be done and if there was something they could do. I texted Teresa Sorenson and asked if they wanted to play volleyball. They were willing and so we met them at the church, which put a stop to Eric and Dawn's conversation because she had to move her car. Eric didn't come play.
We had fun, playing for about 90 minutes with a dodge ball because no one brought a volleyball. Game was a little different this year because there were only four Sorensons and four of us Scotts. Brian and Krystina got to a point where they didn't want to play anymore so it was two tall adults on four short Scotts. We played where you could let it bounce once and then hit it. We Scotts had a good time and I think the adult Sorensons did as well. Mike thanked us for getting them out of the house, which was what we needed as well.
Volleyball has kind of become a Thanksgiving tradition which, I believe, both families enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment