Friday, January 25, 2019

Christmas Day

I, of course, was sleeping in. I got a phone call at 7:55 from Nate asking if they could come downstairs. There have been times when we had the living area blocked so they couldn't see what "Santa" had brought. This year there were no big surprises, so sure, they could come downstairs, but they couldn't open anything.
Neta wanted to get Ro new boots because her old ones
were worn out. She's very good to think of other's wants
.
Xela looking at Stitch ornaments
(the character from Lilo & Stitch movie)
Nate collects Cars (the Disney movie) cars
Here was a new set from the third movie
Rollerblades for Neta-bear
She's grown out of her other ones
(wish they would stop doing that)
I got Eric his own copy of Ticket to Ride - Rails and Sails
(his new favorite game)


Who doesn't want 10 of their favorite candy bar?
Xela has a new love of rock climbing
She was given a harness. I bought her shoes.
Now she has...
Nate's new winter hat - Mr. Sock Puppet
Opal is unsure of Eric's new slippers
Aurora makes big cookies for her friends
(& other events)
Now she has a "cookie sheet" for her cookies
This Hot Wheel thing I bought on a whim;
Why not? Something to encourage them to play with the
bucket full of cars they already have.
Not a quiet toy
(It soon went upstairs)
Aurora, Xela & Graigry playing Aurora's new game,
VILLIANOUS
A game of Disney villians,
overcoming heroes to obtain their objective
I had hoped for a quiet Christmas morning, without the cousins, aunt and in-laws coming over, and it was what I received. Not that I don't want to spend time with family, but in year's past, it's been a little overwhelming and really, why do we need a crowd to watch our family open presents? The Scotts came over as the hot wheel set was being put together; Miles said it was too quiet at their house - definitely not quiet with that thing going. :)

We opened presents from the Scotts soon after cleaning up our mess and had Christmas dinner over there as well. Afterwards we came home and the kids and I played the "Family Feud" card game that Nate had received from Kimmie. That provided a few laughs for us. I took Nate and Neta out to try on their new rollerblades. Nate, being his first time, was very unsure of himself on wheels and intimidated by the whole situation. Hopefully, once the weather is warmer and if we can find a smooth place to practice, he will get better so that he and Neta will have something else they can do together. We watched the movie Megamind, one of the three that we got for Christmas and a favorite of the kids, at some point during that afternoon. Eric watched the other two movies, with some of the kids off and on, before the day was through.

Overall, it was a good Christmas day. I received a pair of shoes from Neta. She knows the kind I like because we wear the same size and she's worn out two pairs of mine. I call them my Christmas shoes. I got a mug from Xela and and lap computer desk from Ro. The kids did a good job matching their mom with useful/usable Christmas gifts. 

I went back to work for half a day on the 26th and then was off for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment