Friday, January 25, 2019

Christmas Eve: Christmas Prep

We (meaning the kids and I because Eric didn't want to this year) watched The Church's Nativity videos depicting the annunciation, shephards, birth, presentation at the temple, the wise men and escape to Egypt. I asked the kids to try to remember that we celebrate Christ, his birth and his gift of redemption during the Christmas season.

Then, as is Christmas Eve tradition, we watched Polar Express. Once kids had all gone upstairs and, in theory, had their eyes closed dreaming of sugar plum fairies, Xela and Eric helped me unload presents from the trunk of my van and get them placed under the tree. Another tradition is our interior white Christmas. I have learned in years past and have remembered to save the snow flakes I've cut out so I don't have to recreate a brand new "snow storm" for the living room. I pulled out the folder and then Xela helped me cut a few more and hang them all. It was fun to have an elf to help me. Eric made a comment about he wished we'd never started this tradition and then Xela mentioned how much she and the kids liked it. That made my heart happy.
My Snow-making Elf
One of our new snowflakes
Finished Product

At midnight, she decided to call it quits and went to bed. Eric helped me fill stockings and then we went to bed. I was excited to see reactions from kids in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment